Haven't done one of these in a while so I thought I would change things up.
13. Lovin' some Arnold Palmers lately. Half Firefly vodka, half lemonade. Yummy! But be careful, they go down too easily!
12. Fall sweaters and blue jeans--enough said.
11. Colors of Autumn. Can't wait for the leaves to change. This is when I love to take a Sunday drive in the mountains and just enjoy the scenery.
10. Grease. Watched it again the other night and honestly, I never tire of it. I'm sure Hubby wishes I would!!:)
9. Buttermilk pie. If you've never had it you don't know what you are missing. It is FANTASTIC!
8. Beautiful photography, especially when my girls are the subjects! We took the girls to Folly in August to meet with our local photographer and she did some early morning pictures on the beach and I still tear up looking at these proofs. I can honestly say we've been blessed to form a wonderful relationship with our photographer and she "gets" our girls which allows her to capture their spirit onto paper. The downside? Trying to pick out favorites!!
7. Sarah Palin. I don't ever want this blog to get too political, but I am thoroughly impressed with Governor Palin. After looking into her record as Governor I am proud to have her as a trailblazer that my girls can look up to. Funny how my girls will probably never grasp the significance of this election the way we all do.
6. J Crew fall line.
5. Kelly's Kids fall line!
4. My Citizens jeans. I love the fact that they aren't "Mommy" jeans looking like they are resting underneath the breasts, but aren't letting my lady hump get out of hand. Yes ladies, I said it, lady hump. After giving birth to two little ladies that each weighed 9 plus pounds (Baby Girl was pushing the 10 pound mark!) there is something of a skin issue to be taken care of at a later date. But until then, thanks Citizens!
3. Halloween! It is my second favorite holiday and I'm already jonesing to get out all the decorations! Lovebug is finally having a costume party this year which will make it even more fun.
2. Lovebug and Baby Girl. It breaks my heart that I can never quite find the words to express what these two little ladies mean to me. I think for anyone to truly understand it they would have to know all my back history with my own family...something I don't care to go into. I just know that with them I finally have the family that I always dreamed of. To watch Baby Girl in her high chair every night put on her "show" turning her fork upside down to use as a microphone as she belts out her tunes puts a smile on my face every.single.time. And to listen to Lovebug read me a story knowing how proud she is of her own accomplishments melts my heart every.single.time. To see the bits of me in them, although it can be a little scary, amazes me.
1. Hubby. Hubby and I started different than most couples. I moved home from Charleston, needing to figure out what it was I truly wanted in life and that's when I met Hubby. He asked me out for over a month before I said yes. I knew from our first date that I would marry that man. I also knew that I needed to venture out first. See, I had a very lengthy relationship prior to Hubby and I knew I didn't want to bring any of that baggage with me. Hubby and I ended up dating other people for a while. We became friends confiding in each other. And in the end, he waited for me. That's what I needed and Hubby somehow knew it. He let me be me...and he still does. He is my perfect mate and I love him for it!