Wednesday, June 24, 2009

For the Record...

I am an event planner, NOT a miracle worker. While at times it may seem that I can work miracles I am the first to admit that they don't just get pulled out of thin air. Just had to put that out there.

On another note, who watched the Reunion show of the Real Housewives of NJ? Those bi-otches are CRAZY! Can't wait to see part 2.

And of course, the news of the day here in SC, Gov.Sanford and his affair. I'm trying to remember that we are all human and make mistakes. As a spouse I am struggling with that. Why, if you are trying to work on your marriage, would you find it necessary to slip away unbeknownst to anyone to go visit you mistress/former mistress/whatever she is? I feel certain he was keeping an eye on the ongoings of the state from afar, however, what about the ongoings of your family? That isn't something plastered all over the television. What if he had been in a plane crash and his family didn't even have a clue as to where he was? I can sum this up by simply stating that this was a very disappointing revelation today...and David Letterman you can keep all your snarky remarks to yourself.

Saving the best for last: we had our ultrasound today. I almost caved and had the technician tell us the sex of the baby, but I managed to stay strong. Hubby and I both think it's a boy though. The face seems so different than the lovely ladies and the "feeling" hit while looking at it (and I HATE referring to my child as an it). This child looks perfect by everything we saw today and now I am officially excited! Looks, too, like we have a thumb sucker on our hands. Many happy tears were shed!

3 comments:

Freck said...

I haven't seen the reunion yet but I cannot wait! I'm so hooked on that show.

Congrats on the ultrasound! Hope everything is going smoothly!

Grace said...

Glad to hear everything looks perfect! I hope it's a boy! Will we get to see any cute belly pics?

MGBHLH said...

Congratulations!!! Boy or girl - I am happy for you. I wanted Lovey#2 to be a girl so badly, but once I saw him - I was hooked. It is something about holding him and smelling that "baby smell"....