Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our new addition!







Your eyes aren't playing tricks on you that odometer is reading 319,927 miles logged. She served us well! Some of you may wonder what my fascination is with this piece of machinery. For one, she was the first major purchase I'd ever made. I worked hard, saved my money and I signed on the dotted line. I remember how adult-like I felt! Two, as I've said before, she has accompanied Hubby on MANY of his travels. She started as my "Lady", but due to his job and my desire for a particular SUV that Hubby was sweet enough to purchase for me, she quickly became his car that I paid for (and I felt a since of pride in being able to do that for him!). She accompanied us on many pre-wedding events and took us for our very first ride as Husband and Wife. She traveled with us as we enjoyed the freedom of being Newlyweds on weekend getaways and to many a Clemson game. Every other week for the longest time she and Hubby would head to Alabama to call on customers and during one such trip I had to make the call to Hubby that he needed to come home so we could get on the next available flight to see his father one last time before he passed away. Safely, and quickly, she got him home. It was she who was with him the entire day after we found out we were expecting Lovebug. It was she who transported us to many doctor's appointment during said pregnancy. And the list goes on and on. In my heart I know it's crazy to be so sentimental about such a thing, but she has had a supporting role during so many pivotal periods in our lives.



Now Hubby, on the other hand, is just a fair weather friend whose moved on to the newest model---TRAITOR!

No comments: