Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sprouting grays

Today I found two, count 'em, TWO gray hairs! The Wife isn't happy. Having a hard time deciding if it's Macho Man's lack of desire to sleep on his own which equals zero sleep for me when Hubby is traveling or if it's the day to day drama of the Lovely Ladies or if it's the shocker I got grocery shopping this week. At the favorite grocery store grocery shopping by myself for the first time in months (and yes, I was very excited about this opportunity. Sad I know, but whatever!) and I finish up and go check out. Now, Hubby will aggravate me about my ability to stock pile on supplies at the grocery store. But this wasn't one of those trips. I got what was on the list plus 2 or 3 extra items. Imagine my surprise when I look at my total and it was almost $300...for hardly any groceries! I almost stroked out!! Problem? They didn't close out the sale before me and my groceries were just adding onto that person's total! Lesson of the week? If something doesn't seem right ALWAYS speak up even if you feel like it's a little embarrassing. The cashier tried to tell me that my steaks and small can of formula were the problem. Hello, that was $30 worth of merchandise! And having to deal with the stares of all my fellow customers wondering what in the hell was going on in my check out lane as every.single.one of my items had to be voided off the bill and re rung was fun times. Really not. Had I waited until I had gotten home there would have been no recourse for me, but since I made the cashier go through my receipt to discover why it was so expensive I was able to save myself over a $100!

3 comments:

Jan said...

Good for you! There have been times when I was in such a hurry to get out of the store I might not have discovered the error until I arrive home and as you stated...out of luck.

Grace said...

Wow! I'm the type of person that wouldn't have noticed that! I should start paying attention...

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Honey, if I didn't visit my friendly hairdresser every five weeks, every hair on my head would be gray!!