Monday, December 17, 2012

Hibernation

One thing I have learned about myself over the past several years is that I hate cold weather.  And by cold, I mean anything below 55 degrees.  Seriously.  I think I must have been a bear in a previous life. 

Social gatherings during cold weather?  Not really my thing.  Putting on something other than workout gear, comfy lounge clothes (ok, who am I kidding that's my workout stuff or my pj's!), or flannel pj pants?  Not digging that either. 

The holidays provide a double edge sword for my little dilemma.  On one hand, I love the merriment of Christmas.  The lights, the food, the decor, the time with my babies and the Hubs, the food, the cocktails, the memory making. 

But, I truly loathe getting out in the craziness in the cold weather.  Sigh.

How many days until Spring?

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

I had a similar conversation with a friend via telephone not an hour ago. Turns out we were both sitting on our sofas looking at our Christmas trees wearing sweats. She wasn't feeling well, but I had already declared today Happy Do Nothing Day...my favorite state of being during holidays.