Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Considering it

I need your help ladies. I'm contemplating joining the Junior League. I need input from any of you ladies out there that have any experience with it. In our area they have MANY opportunities to volunteer, which I've been very interested in, and I think it would be a great opportunity for me to meet some new folks. Broaden my horizons, so to speak. The only problem for me would be how much actual time would I be required to commit to. My schedule, like so many others, has it's ebbs and flows. There would be times when I could volunteer all kinds of time, but there would be other times when folks would feel like I had fallen off the face of the earth. And if I do this I want to love it, not just do it to do it. HELP!

1 comment:

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

No Junior League in our little town...I do know, though, that the expectation is relatively high for participation in the volunteer activities. I enjoy that sort of thing so I expect I would have liked to have had the opportunity.