Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for so many things, but sometimes it really is just the smallest or most simply things that count for so much in the everyday scheme of things.  Here's a few of the things that bring a smile to my face:

Good music.  Yep.  That simple.  There is nothing like riding in the car with the kiddos and everyone belting out a tune together.  At the same time, how happy do you get when you hear a song that just takes you back to a different place or time?  I've already experienced both this morning and they are both equally wonderful.

A good ole Clemson sunset.  I am privileged to live in God's Country as we call it in the Upstate and I swear he paints the sky purple and orange just for us Tigers every evening.

Texting.  I am not a phone talker, except to the Hubs and maybe a handful of my closest friends.  Texting is completely my jam!

A good smelling candle.  Is there really anything better than walking into a room and it be filled with one of your favorite scents??  (If the room is still clean from where you cleaned it up 15 minutes earlier that's like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow!)

Magazines and catalogs in my mailbox.  While I admit, I hate having to deal with mounds of mail (just like laundry!), I love getting all snug in the bed after all the littles are asleep, watching some smut television and just pouring over my magazines and catalogs.

It's the little things, folks.  


No comments: